Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am officially done with all other forums.

Bookmark and Share
    GM DEV: Producer/Lead Designer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesRecommendation Second ClassSocial

Level
    Blog Entries
    Donations
    None

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Angry I am officially done with all other forums.

I am officially done posting on any other forums but these. I'm so completely fed up with trolls, liars, slanderers and just complete idiots and I simply can't take it anymore! LOL

It's funny because you try to be active on forums, you try to be involved, answer questions and just be present, and now I know exactly why nobody else does it.

I'm still so angry. Sometimes, just the shear cruel and conniving nature of people make me sick to my stomach.

In any case, I'm done. I will only be posting news and answers here and press releases when the time has come for anything official and that's it.

Kickstarter Backer
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Donations
    None

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Great, let them come here for answers to their questions. There are plenty of us that can do that.

Kickstarter Backer
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Donations
    None

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    No offense to you, Jason, but I've been following what's happening at the mmorpg.com forums. There was a point in that thread where you should have stopped posting, and you missed it, which made you look back :/ One thing you need to understand is that other people ARE going to question you for some of the choices you've made, and if you're okay with them you don't need to defend them to people outside of the community

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entry1 year registered
    Awards:
    Discussion EnderKing of Publishing

Level
    Blog Entries
    Donations
    None

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Yeah, you do have to be a little thick-skinned to be comfortable on some of those other forums. I have seen discussions rapidly decline to poor behaviour on mmorpg.com, I don't tend to go there much now.

Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesRecommendation Second ClassSocial

Level
    Blog Entries
    Donations
    None

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I have never had my words so twisted, contorted and just flat out misrepresented to serve someone else's agenda as I have today. I have high blood pressure. I care way too much about every detail and I really just need to learn to let people say and do what they want knowing, they will be proven wrong in the long run and just write it all off as the rubbish it is.

Kickstarter Backer
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Donations
    None

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricCrow View Post
    I have never had my words so twisted, contorted and just flat out misrepresented to serve someone else's agenda as I have today. I have high blood pressure. I care way too much about every detail and I really just need to learn to let people say and do what they want knowing, they will be proven wrong in the long run and just write it all off as the rubbish it is.
    I completely agree. Many of the MMO KS projects receive this kind of negativity, including Pathfinder Online. However, once there's something to show, the naysayers will be the ones proven wrong, and if you don't acknowledge their negativity in these early days, it makes you not only look like the bigger person, but also the more intelligent one

Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Donations
    None

I should have stopped posting, it was just too hard when I could tell by what the guy was saying that he was just lying about me, about himself and then seeing other people buy into it blindly, just blew my mind. I found out who the guy is and realized, everything he said about himself was BS. I didn't want to lay it all out there in public because I just don't get off on tearing others down but I saw the guys work history. He could barely hold a job for more than a year at a time. He has no investment background. He's just some internet tech in Germany trying to make himself sound like a big wig.

I definitely got way too caught up in the BS over there, and considering it's really all that ever happens on that forum, I'm just done with it. I'm not sorry for what I said to him at all. I'm human, I'm a grown man and I don't hide behind the internet to cause trouble for people. I also don't sit on my hands when people are throwing punches. Just how it is. It's definitely not worth the stress though, so I'm over it.

Kickstarter Backer
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialYour first Group1000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Donations
    None

At this point, your energy is better focused on having something for April if possible. There will have to be a game in place if your to attract future funding. You should direct your efforts in building the game now. Updates that you release should give as much information as possible of what is accomplished, not what is planned. While i know there have been setbacks considering the engine switch...the truth is something will have to be shown for all the effort.

Kickstarter Backer
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Donations
    None

We have a great community here and it is totally behind you. Forget that scumbag and make GM what we all joined for. That will bury the nay sayers

Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Donations
    None

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Things are already coming together in Hero. James is wanting to post screenshots already but I'm holding him off for now. I have laid out what I'd like to have active on the game server before we start putting screenshots out. World Building is going on right now and it's MUCH easier than it was on Unity so far. Vince is working on migrating the code of the Housing system into Hero Script at which point, he will be able to add the housing tool to Hero, live on the server and simply update it in game as he makes progress. Much easier than Unity was as well and now, when Vince makes changes, it's seen and useable by everyone else on the team in real time. It's pretty nice.

We have about 200 models imported into Hero so far with LOTS more being worked on. Trying to get about 50+ a day imported from the old Unity formats. So far so good.

I really don't think it will be too long until we can really start showing things off a bit.